AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been running the audio from my Bravia NX-720 TV through a great old Kenwood receiver I've had forever using a Toslink optical cable and getting great stereo sound. The Kenwood has now deceased and I need a replacement

I'm not interested in a surround set up for the NX-720 (smaller room, home diplomacy issues) but would like to replace the Kenwood with a receiver that will give me excellent stereo sound for a reasonable price.

I have been looking seriously at the HK 3490, but I'm unclear about one point after doing some online research. Could I run the audio from the Bravia to the HK 3490 using a Toslink optical cable in the same way I ran the audio from the Bravia to the Kenwood? I've seen various issues flagged like this one http://www.avsforum.com/t/1392215/helping-setting-up-hk-3490-and-lg-47le5400 Any thoughts or ideas would be welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes you can connect your TV to the 3490 via the Optical connection. If you decide to get the 3490 you will not be sorry. I got one and love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Works perfectly. Hooked it up last night, little bit of a hiccup when I couldn't get any sound (started to curse Harmon and Kardon), but I unplugged/plugged the optical cable and boom, great sound. I've tested the 3490 on TV audio, CD and SACD and i'm very happy with it. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts