AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone interested in a HK AV amp, however I read that HK's Logic 7 processing on DD/DTS 5.1 sources actually downmixes to stereo, then Logic 7 processing that and expands to 5.1/7.1 - this does not seem ideal.

Which model has native Logic 7 5.1 processing- so Logic 7 expands 5.1 to 7.1, so no downconversion is required?

I own a Lexicon MC-1, so know this is quite important.:p

Thanks

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:
Which model has native Logic 7 5.1 processing- so Logic 7 expands 5.1 to 7.1, so no downconversion is required?
None as of yet. But with the new models being upgradable you never know.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I believe the now discontinued AVR-8000 did L7 on 5.1 sources without downmixing. You may find some old new stock somewhere, or pick one up used. Beware, however, while it has L7 processing, it only has 5 channels of onboard amplification.

·
Registered
824 Posts
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote: "None as of yet. But with the new models being upgradable you never know."

Perhaps this is a good reason to look at a reciever with DPLIIx instead of Logic 7?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I've got the 8000 and regardless of how it does it, Logic7 on DD and DTS it sounds excellent. Even more impresive was the job it did on a new DVD I bought in 2 chan. DD (Party at the Palace) literally seemed like I was in the Queens back yard at the concert!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.