AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a new Reciever in the $600 - $800 range. The Denon 3802 vs the HK-AVR 520.

I have found a 520 for $600.00 and wondered if anyone had any advice. The remote seems complicated and the buttons are small but it offers "learning" so that seems like a plus.

Also if you have another suggestion on what to look at, I would love to hear it.

I am running a set of Klipsch 1.5's and a Klipcsh Sub:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
With the onecall promotion code found on the Internet, you take another $20 off the onecall price of $534. They are an authorized dealer as well. A no-brainer IMO.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you live near a Fry's (or you may want to look into their online shop, outpost.com), they have it this week for $497. I bought one over the weekend, and had been weighing it vs. a Denon 1803 to stay at the same price point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for everyones responses. Still, the real question is "Which One do I want for the Money?" From what I can tell, the 520 is an excellent unit. Is there nothing "Better for the Money"? Looking to the experts on this one.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
It is a very good receiver at a very good price.

But you started out by saying you could go up to $800 and I would not say it was the best receiver available for up to $800. It would be about as good as any for 5.1 operation, but is lacking 7.1 features found in other receivers in that price range. Such as a DD EX mode and 2 rear channel amps.

If you are sticking to $500 and will only be running 5.1 for now, it is a very good deal. And you can go to 7.1 later with an additional 2 channel amp.

Tom B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.