AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. A tripod is recommended for reproducibility yet who's listening position is NOT a sofa or couch? In that case, at least a few of your tripod's legs will have to be nudged or pushed into the cushion. I tried this yesterday and had a really awkward setup with steep leg angles and various lengths to get it somewhat stable.

So how are people using a tripod to do these measurements? The best idea I could think of is to physically move my couch away which is not very feasible. Also, it would change the room acoustics (different items affecting noise blocking, etc).

2. For nearfield measurements, M Code recommends that you aim the mic toward the speaker. Does that mean for the 3 measurements (L, R, C) you should physically move the microphone each time? Or do you leave it pointed toward center?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy
1. A tripod is recommended for reproducibility yet who's listening position is NOT a sofa or couch? In that case, at least a few of your tripod's legs will have to be nudged or pushed into the cushion. I tried this yesterday and had a really awkward setup with steep leg angles and various lengths to get it somewhat stable.

So how are people using a tripod to do these measurements? The best idea I could think of is to physically move my couch away which is not very feasible. Also, it would change the room acoustics (different items affecting noise blocking, etc).

2. For nearfield measurements, M Code recommends that you aim the mic toward the speaker. Does that mean for the 3 measurements (L, R, C) you should physically move the microphone each time? Or do you leave it pointed toward center?
1. Just get it stable. Also place it at ear level and not 3 feet up as it says.

2. You should move it each time and face it towards each speaker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.