AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HK AVR 635 Owners: Can you please confirm the maximum Lip Sync Delay in milli secs that you can cover using the Lip Sync Delay feature on your receiver ?

Marantz SR-5500 Owners: Can you please confirm the maximum Lip Sync Delay in milli secs that you can cover using the Lip Sync Delay feature on your receiver ?

This will help me in deciding which reciever to go with ?

Thaking you all

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks
HK AVR 635 Owners: Can you please confirm the maximum Lip Sync Delay in milli secs that you can cover using the Lip Sync Delay feature on your receiver ?

Marantz SR-5500 Owners: Can you please confirm the maximum Lip Sync Delay in milli secs that you can cover using the Lip Sync Delay feature on your receiver ?

This will help me in deciding which reciever to go with ?

Thaking you all
I have a HK 435 and the max delay is 80 ms

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for letting me know the setting on your AVR 435. I am just wondering whether 80 Milli Secs is enough to overcome the Lip Sync that we can run into ? I am assuming that even AVR 635 might be having the same 80 Milli Sec as the max delay.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks
Thanks for letting me know the setting on your AVR 435. I am just wondering whether 80 Milli Secs is enough to overcome the Lip Sync that we can run into ? I am assuming that even AVR 635 might be having the same 80 Milli Sec as the max delay.
If it really is only 80ms it may not be enough to accommodate lip sync you may see. On the Samsung DLP 1080p thread the longest video delay that has been reported is 133ms. Denon receivers with audio delay have the ability to individually delay analog and digital inputs up to 200ms. I decided to to with a Denon 985S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.