AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Harman Kardon AVR300 for three years. Recently, I started upgrading my speakers. I had some old HK AVR10 speakers, a 5.1 setup.

At this point, I have replaced the fronts - left, right and center - with Gallo Dues. I still have the 2 AVR10 rears, as well as the original AVR10 sub.

This past weekend, while watching the DVD The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the HK receiver went into standby mode during loud scenes at least 6 times. Turning it back on worked until the next loud scene.

Last night, after watching TV for awhile, I put in a DVD, and had the volume on the HK way too high. (The level that works for my cable input is WAY HIGHER than what I use for DVD - I always have to remember to turn the HK volume down before starting a DVD. Last night I didn't.) The volume was at earsplitting for about 15-20 seconds. Afterwards, I was getting a gravelly noise from the AVR-10 rears. I figured, "blown speakers"! I replaced the rear speakers with my spares, the ones I had taken out of service to install the Dues, and still had the distorted noise. To my thinking, it sounds like my AVR300 has been damaged. Is there any easy way of confirming this?

Thanks,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.