AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if the HK AVR320 is multiroom capable? I am having trouble finding the info on their site.

I got approval from the wife the other night, but I have to be able to run a set of "B" speakers on the deck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
With due respect to "bigsmooth" I think we should clarify that while the 320 has the 'capabilty' of offering a 2nd zone with differing sources, It requires a second amplifier to drive the 2nd speaker set. As the way many people think of a "B" speaker switch; it does NOT have that!

While there are some decent arguements against a/b switches on-board, one manufacturer that executes it perfectfly is Marantz.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Michael,

Can you elaborate on how Marantz is executing A/B better than others? I take your comment that it can support two zones without external amplification. I may have misunderstood though.

I am looking for a dual zone integrated solution, and have only found the Onkyo TX-SR700 currently offering this feature. Any help is appreciated...Mac

·
Registered
96 Posts
keep in mind that an "a/b switch" does not allow you to use your rears in the main room when using the "b pair".

with the 320 you can use the rears at the same time, as well as a completely different source, but as already stated you do need an external amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.