AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. Bought my Harman Kardon AVR8500 (which is the Australian version of the AVR8000 in USA) in Dec-02. The label on the back states it's a July 2002 build.

Having read about a few AVR8000 users here with L7 and LFE being too quiet, I can confirm that on my AVR8500 that there is a minor difference in LFE on L7 being about 1 to 2db less than THX-DTS or THX-DD. I was using the Extended version of LOTR on my HK DVD10 connected via coax.

I am using 4x Energy 22Pro (full range speakers 28Hz-45KHz) as well as an M&K 125Mk2 sub rated to 10Hz.

The LFE of L7 with DD is still quite believable, but the LFE in THX-DTS was more exciting.

Now I've experienced a minor problem 2x in the last 2 weeks.....When I set a DVD to DTS, after completing my viewing of the DTS disk, when I insert a DD disc which has no DTS, I get no sound, and cannot get the DSP to recognise a DD source, ...eventually I can reset the AVR8500 by inserting a different disc and selecting DD.

Is this a problem amoungst AVR8000's ?...on overnight reflection,.me thinks the problem may be in the DVD10 and not the AVR8500

It happened today whilst playing LOTR as THX-DTS, then trying to play the National Geographic LOTR disc as DD.....got no sound. Eventually I put Shrek on and selected DD and got sound back.

Opinions....welcomed

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.