Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm kinduva noob to this forum, so please be gentle. I recently bought a Pio 1015 but have the opportunity to grab the HK 2005 receiver for a mere $100 more. Any opinions? Home theater will be my main use, and I definitely would like to keep my receiver for many years to come and have room to upgrade my athena micra satellites (surround) and C1 and F1's eventually. Any opinion on the two of these? The room I have them in is pretty open spaced and is approx 15' x 18' with a vaulted ceiling and open ended on one side. I will definitely go ahead and buy the HK and test it out, but I have very little knowledge with HKs in general.

Thanks for your expert opinion guys! :)

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Well, I'm no expert, but I have the HK 2005 (recently purchased to compare to HK 1005). I don't know the specifics of the 1015, but I'll share what I know of the 2005:

-2005 has digital amps, 1015 is analog; some say not a big deal in terms of sound quality; just smaller in height and probably less heat

-2005 does not have room EQ, which I believe the 1015 does

-2005 EZSet is not very useful; only sets speaker levels and distances which can be done manually with an SPL meter (which BTW is included on the remote of the 2005 which seems to work well)

-1015 is THX certified; not sure of the benefit of this

-2005 has lip sync delay and 1015 may not (may need to double check manual about this)

-2005 has flexible bass management if you like to tweak stuff; quad crossovers (1 for each of front, center, surrounds, backs); probably not a big deal, since many just leave them all at one setting anyway; even some high-end Pio Elites only have 1 crossover for all channels, so it must not be a big deal

-2005 has Logic 7 as an additional surround setting, which seems to work well, but IMO isn't a deal maker/breaker

Overall, the 2005's a nice one, but I wish it had an autoEQ function.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.