AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered and awaiting delivery on the Rocket Package #3 (RS550, RSC200, RSS300).. Being new to the Rocket scene I am trying to decifer which reciever would be the best option to pipe high octane rocket full down the lines into these Red Rockets!

I have read many different posts and reviews on these two units (HK 7200 & Denon 3803) but I am still unsure as to which would be the best choice. I know all you guys can just make recommendations and I have to make the final decision so thats what im looking for; recommendations, opinions, facts etc..

To give a little more info on mysetup, it will be a dedicated room for 100% Home Theater use, with a FP system (HS10) all driven via HTPC. The room dimensions are 10' W x 18' L x 7' H ..

Any help will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Wu-

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
173 Posts
A lot of people like the sound of the HK's for music. I also liked what I heard out of a HK 525. Have not heard a 7200 but I would imagine it would still have that HK sound. IMHO I would however recommend the 3803 only because you state 100% HT. The 3803 has tons of inputs, up conversion and is well liked for HT. Just so you know where I'm coming from I do not own either receiver you mentioned but they were on my list. I have a Pioneer 45TX driving that same Rocket pkg. and am very pleased.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your 2 cents :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's a sweet deal if you buy a warranty plan for it. I'm kinda hesitant about a refurb having blemishes/upconversion problems that would detract from it's value. Without an extra warranty, Denon may not warranty the unit from ecost. It is a great alternative for those who can't afford the MSRP and can't get a dealer to come off it much.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got a good deal on a Brand New 3803 for $824 total :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
so wu, have you got it now, have you tested it?

I'm interrested

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
The HK is going to produce more power and offer a Logic7 processing mode.

The 3803 is very clean, with excellent decoding.

Both are good units. If you were going to blast at loud volumes in a large room, I would definitely go with the 7200. However your room is pretty small for HT @ 180sf, so I seriously doubt you'll need the extra power. Likewise the 7200 would likely better handle a difficult speaker load, but you shouldn't have that situation either.

No way of knowing if the slightly different sound would make one more attractive than the other.

Tom B.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by desualt
so wu, have you got it now, have you tested it?

I'm interrested

Yes it works Great!! Pumps the rockets full of fuel!!

wu-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.