AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HKTS-15. It has worked fine in the past. I just moved, and now it started to make a strange repetitive thumping sound when it goes into standby. This applies to when the unit goes into AUTO standby, as well as when it is forced to standby using the external trigger (ie: a trigger cable attached, but shorted, producing 0V).

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this reply is a little late to the game, but I found a solution!

My sub was doing the exact same thing constantly. I spotted this explanation and solution here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/subwoofers-tactile-transducers/1511921-hkts7-sub-stuck-standby-fixed.html

In short, you need to remove capacitor C112 (it's rated at 1u1 50v) with a soldering gun and replace it with a 2u2 capacitor. I soldered a 2u2 40v capacitor in it's place and now the subwoofer is working perfectly again! I'm so relieved that I don't have to buy a new sub and the repair costed less than a dollar.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this reply is a little late to the game, but I found a solution!

My sub was doing the exact same thing constantly. I spotted this explanation and solution here:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/subwoofers-tactile-transducers/1511921-hkts7-sub-stuck-standby-fixed.html

In short, you need to remove capacitor C112 (it's rated at 1u1 50v) with a soldering gun and replace it with a 2u2 capacitor. I soldered a 2u2 40v capacitor in it's place and now the subwoofer is working perfectly again! I'm so relieved that I don't have to buy a new sub and the repair costed less than a dollar.
hey guys.. digging this up from the grave

so i followed the instructions in your post and the other thread ( replaced the C112 with a 2.2uF 50v capacitor). It seemed to have worked for a few hours and then it started thumping again(although its quieter now).

any ideas? would a higher capacitor make a difference? maybe 2.2uF but higher voltate? 100v? 200V?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.