AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so my TV is getting a little old and I've been thinking about selling it before the value just free falls. Was hoping to get about 450-550 for it.

Anyway though the screen has a single defect with it. About maybe a quarter to half an inch of the screen on the left side has a slight purple tint to it from top to bottom. Its actually a bit hard to notice in darker scenes but on cartoons and such you will clearly noticed everything in the spot a little darker and tinted the whole way down. I remember first seeing it a year ago and it hasn't gotten any worse since then. Its not drastic and watching SD TV you would never even notice it.

I was hoping someone might know what the issue may be. Could the lamp cause something like this? I know its way outlived most DLP lamps. Its just barely over 15k hours. Starting to get a little dim although checking it now the brightness has always been set to 35 and I guess that could be the reason. Any thoughts?

Edit: Sorry this was the best I could do with a camera phone and like I said its hard to notice with even your eyes on a lot of occasions. Had to hold it up as close as possible. Its hard to see but the side is clearly discoloring the yellow background into a blueish purple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was hoping it wasn't that. However all of these issues seem to describe or show in pictures that its a darkened area or a shadow. A lot of them the affected area isn't even uniform. Mine is a perfectly straight bar going down to the bottom and it seems to really only tint the area a bit blue/purple. On a blueish background its just about invisible. Seemed more like a coloring issue to me. Then again I know squat about tv components. That won't stop be from very carefully pulling it apart piece by piece later to see if I notice anything strange with the insides though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts