AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sammy hl-s5687w about a month ago and I'm starting to notice that the tv is randomly turning itself off. I checked the timer/sleep mode and they appeared to be off. Any idea what i should check before i call support?

·
Registered
52 Posts
A couple things common that may cause this. First verify the power button on the set is not sticking. Next check the safety switch on the lamp door, there are several posts about it being distorted or not making good contact.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 5087 has had the Shadow issue for almost 2 months and is awaiting swap out. About a month ago it started powering off when it would get warm. If you turned it back on once the fan stopped running it would power off within 10 minutes. If it was cool it would run for 1-2 hours before powering off the first time. We were waiting on a new light engine and just hoping it would fix both issues. The random powering off has now stopped as mysteriously as it started.

If under warranty I would report it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by funny guy /forum/post/0

A couple things common that may cause this. First verify the power button on the set is not sticking. Next check the safety switch on the lamp door, there are several posts about it being distorted or not making good contact.

I looked on the back of the tv and saw no switch on the door for the lamp. where is it locataed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.