AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really only have two questions regarding this unit.

I just bought this TV yesterday and it's my first ever DLP TV.. (I had a XBR970 before, which is a really excellent TV.. just too heavy and I'm going to be doing a bit of moving around in a few months.. plus it didn't have a VGA input and I was getting back into my Dreamcast again >_

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the overscan on the 360 through component isn't really THAT bad, I guess...

I was more concerned about it with my PC.. but I've connected my PC through the VGA input and not component, as I had it before, and overscan is pretty much gone now.

I'd have loved to connected my PC through HDMI, and did so right after I tried component but before I did VGA, but I couldn't eliminate the overscan...

The noise thing doesn't really matter as I've learned from reading a bit you're not supposed to rapidly turn off the DLP TVs anyway. If you turn them off, you should probably wait approximately half an hour before turning them back on, and when you turn them on you should make sure you're going to watch them for a decent amount of time to begin with.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks to a tip in another post by someone about another Samsung DLP on this forum which mentioned setting the input name of HDMI3 to PC to eliminate overscan, I now have no overscan on this model using HDMI1 renamed to PC. (Tried HDMI2 at first, but it didn't work. HDMI1 renamed to PC is a winner.)

Now I have 0% overscan PC through HDMI1. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I guess I do have ONE more question. (I like how I'm the only participant in my topic, but maybe I'll get lucky..)

The Melody setting on my model is "Low". I only ever remember hearing the melody once when I turned on the TV the first time, lol, I've never heard the melody any other times I've turned it on... should I be concerned?

I've changed it to medium now and going to see if it makes a difference the next time I turn on the TV..

Not that I care for the melody or anything, but if it's supposed to do it, then why isn't it?

Oh wait.. I just realized, it's probably because I have Internal Mute on isn't it? (Since I output the sound to a stereo system..)

I bet that's the answer to my problem right there.. NEVERMIND, I PROBABLY JUST ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, i notice the melody nearly everytime i turn the tv on, this is normal. Also I hear a type of screeching sound when i turn the set off and turn it back on again. This too is normal. I understand it is the fan restarting inside the unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.