AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been covered in one of the previous posts about the 507, but I didn't feel like reading through 8000 posts to find what I was looking for.

I want to know how the 507w handles video switching. For instance in my situation, I will have everything that is composit or S video going through my receiver, then the receiver to the TV via S video. The DVD player will be component video and the HDTV Box will be DVI (at least until i purchase a new receiver like the 3803 that will convert all to component, in which case I would still have a component connection as well as a DVI connection).

So how does this work. Does the samsung have discreet codes for each input, can you program something in. I don't want to have to push the video button a bunch of times to scroll through the video inputs. That would make programing a Pronto more difficult.

So what do I do, does this question make sense?

Also, does anyone know where I can download the owners manual for the 507W.

Nick

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The bad news is that the Samsung is exactly what you don't want. In order to switch sources, you have to push 3 buttons : TV/Video, Channel +/- (to choose the input), Vol+ (to select the chosen source). The best you can probably do without knowing what input you are currently on is to creat a macro to go to the next input.

The owner's manual can be found in the support area of samsungusa.com

-phil

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, I just don't get that. I understand that no tv will have every option or every capability that I want, but this should be a pretty simple thing to do. I don't understand why inputs can't be picked by input instead of scrolled through.

OK, well what if I put the HDTV into the TV through the component instead of DVI, how much quality would I be giving up.

Nick

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just figured out that my last idea wont work either. the 507w has two video inputs one for 480i and 480p, and one for 480p, 720p and 1080i. This means my video sources such as my vcr wont work through the same video input as my hdtv receiver. so much for sending everything through one input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.