AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reviewing this site for about 3-4 weeks. I bought a Sony40xbr800 4 weeks ago and hated the geometry problems. Color was great. Had Sound Advice pick up the set and deliver a new Samsung hlm507w. I've made tweaks here and there following the guidelines of many threaders thru the service menu. Every thing seemed to work well especially Gamma 5. Them I meandered over the the Autocolor setting in the options submenu and set it. What does this do to the original color temp? I did photograph all of my service menu items prior to making any adjustments as advised by many threaders. But the picture does not seem quite the same. All values were set to original values manually ( i used my digital pics of the original settings). And performed another autocolor. Color looks good, but somethings different. Magenta is a noticable issue. I ordered a service manual from Herman Panson in Miami. Should recv 4-15-03. Help with the autocolor if you know.

:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone found out exactly what AUTOCOLOR does? I perfomed it by accident on my new HLN617 - before I read any of the warnings on this site - on the progressive scan input, and it totally fixed the problem I was having. Specifically, whenever I ran my DVD player in progressive scan mode (component inputs), it had a strong green tint, which could not be fixed with the user settings. After running autocolor, it totally went away and the colors are now very natural. Can anyone confirm that I didn't inadvertantly mess anything else up - I'm a bit worried after reading the warnings on this site, but everything looks okay to me.

If someone knows what autocolor does, it would help. I had a dvd playing at the time, but did not use a color pattern. Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.