AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum for this information, but still have some unanswered questions. I have read about a service menu in order to check on the DCDI chip - I saw somewhere to enter mute, 1, 2, 8 and power, but this just turns the tv off - how do I check on which chip I have? Also, I have read about firmware 2.xx and 3.xx - what is this and what is it's significance? Also, have seen tweaks - what are these and how are the performed? Please do not shoot me down ala snl skit "mooove" Please talk in layman terms and i promise I will learn. Also, anything else I need to think about?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by texasflyangler
I saw somewhere to enter mute, 1, 2, 8 and power, but this just turns the tv off - how do I check on which chip I have?
That should be MUTE 1 8 2 power and there will be an ID number on the screen that ends in a number like 211 or hopefully 214

Tweaks are changes you make to the values of the entries on items in the service menu. Before changing anything write down the original factory setting because there is no 'reset to factory values' to save your a$$ if you enter values that screw something up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.