AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are getting the DVI on 9800pro to Sammy HLN DLP to work could you please post drivers and /or settings you are using? Thanks.

Got all my custom settings to work using vga connector with powerstrip but with the DVI I get mode not supported then no signal. A .inf file from Samsung would sure be nice.

· Registered
107 Posts
1Mark1,

I have the same exact setup and I had a hell of a time trying to figure out why I couldn't get the monitor to display via DVI. VGA would work but DVI would not work at all even during boot. I tried everything from switching PSUs, MBs, Video Cards, etc. I was able to get DVI working on the HLN w/ my Cable Box but never w/ my HTPC. This is what I finally did that I think made it work.

1) Switched to an NVidia card

2) Run the attached utility

3) Got signal

4) Switched back to 9800 Pro card

5) Got signal.

It's worked ever since. I can't really explain what happened, but it's almost like that utility forced the HLN to detect DVI to the HTPC. I'm not sure if the NVidia card had anything to do with it, but I'm just relisting my exact experience w/ the utility. I'd just give it a shot w/ your current card. In any case, I hope this helps.

dvi_recover.zip 202.076171875k . file

Attachments

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. I did get DVI to work finally, it was my display settings. Had to check the box: use Alternate DVI operational mode. All is well now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.