AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I have T-B3K5001-204, Release 2002 - do I need 214 upgrade??

2) If I do - how can i get that?

3) Can I apply all the great tweaks for 214 that has been posted by Supertoyz and Co

please advise,

Steven

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ladislav_1969
1) I have T-B3K5001-204, Release 2002 - do I need 214 upgrade??

2) If I do - how can i get that?

3) Can I apply all the great tweaks for 214 that has been posted by Supertoyz and Co

please advise,

Steven
The only way to get an upgrade now without paying several hundred dollars is to have something fail that requires that the card with the firmware stored on be replaced.

You probably wouldn't get 214 in that case. You would probably get a latter version (306 or higher).

The version 214 has discrete command capability. You would need it or a later version to use a programmable remote to it's full capabilities.

The 214 tweaks "might" improve your PQ but it's no sure thing. You should ask that question of the people doing the tweaks. The same would be true of the later firmware versions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How do I know which version is installed?

My set was ordered & will be delivered soon.

Is there something I should do re the firmware version?

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by coachgns
How do I know which version is installed?

Is there something I should do re the firmware version?
No.

You need to enter the service menu (SM). The firmware version is the last three digits of the long ID at the bottom of the first page. Here are some instructions.

Any one using these suggestions should know that I am passing on the wisdom of others and that I have no personal knowledge of the Samsung DLP TVs. I'm still waiting.

On the other hand I can recommend, without any reservations, recording all original SM settings before making changes.

****** Thanks to LCH for a clearer explanation than the one I wrote. 09/02/2003 ******

Turn Melody off in the user menu (allows entering the Service Menu from power On state without using a lamp cycle).

With the set ON, press Power-Mute-1-8-2-Power in quick succession.

(If the set is already off, just do Mute-1-8-2-Power )

The service menu should appear for the input you were viewing before keying the above sequence.

While in the service menu, you can change inputs with the TV/Video button to view the SM for other modes.

Use the CH up, CH down & select keys to navigate the Service Menu. Press MENU to return to the main Service Menu after viewing individual functions.

Later, you will use the VOL(+) & VOL(-) keys to change the SM values.

To Exit the SM, power off. Leave it off for several(30) seconds. (until all cooling activity is complete)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.