AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to BB to purchase the HLN5065 ($3798) but they would not work with the price.

So I left mad then I stopped at PC Richards and they had the HLN4365 ($2999) and HLN5065 ($3299).

The guy at the store gave me a great deal on top of their great price for the HLN5065.

TV - $2800

5 Yr Warranty - $399

Delivery - $50

NJ Tax - $192

TOTAL - $3441.99

If you are in the market for either models then go to PC Richards!!!

Best Buy sucks!!!

Hope this helps someone....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaenuwine
The guy at the store gave me a great deal on top of their great price for the HLN5065.

TV - $2800
:eek: That was the price for the 5065?!?!? Phenomenal.

Yikes. All we have around here in Eastern MA is CC (who doesn't sell Sammy... at least not the ones near me), BB, the 'high-end' guys Tweeter and Cambridge Soundworks. Plus maybe a few independents (my favorite also doesn't sell Sammy).

No PC Richards around here. Their website only lists the 43" version.

Anyone know of a Sammy dealer in EMass who will actually talk price?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 50 Inch is coming in a week or so.

Not sure if you could make a deal for an online order.

Also, the warranty is only for the local area near the PC Richards stores (NY, NJ). Maybe you could just get a warranty from GE or something.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same experience at BB for the same exact Tv. I posted about it a few dayes earlier. Thats an amazing price for that TV. I got mine for $3499 shipped and thought that was a good deal...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just happy that BB didn't give me a 10% off or something like that.

BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE JUMP ON IT.

Thank God for the pimple faced idiot salesman at BB!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The HLN5065 and HLN507 are both shown on the PC Richard website, you have to check the option "ALL Items", the default is "In Stock Items". Both are on order. Great prices though, $3299 and $3499 respectively.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jeanuwine:

Thank you for the PC Richard pricing. I have been looking at the HLN5065W set for a while. When I saw the post, I was a bit skeptical about the low price. So I went to my local PC Richard on Long Island to check it out and showed the pricing to the sales representative. He rang it up on the computer without the slightest hesitation and the price was accepted. The set is on order and deliver to their warehouse it expected on 4/28/03. I should have the set by the begining of May. Thank for for saving me a lot of money and aggravation.

For those that may be interested, Samsung now offers a matching stand for the HLN5065W and HlN507W series that is an exact match in size to these sets. It is model number TR5050. PC Richard sold the stand to me for $299.

Willmd

·
Registered
916 Posts
Jeanuwine - That's awesome! I'm in NJ too, and was talking to a sales guy at PCR in Paramus last week. He was really nice and helpful. Let me pull a DVD player off the shelf and hook it up, and went into the back 2 or 3 times to find the remote & manuals for everything. When I tried this at BB with the HLN50xxx, they told me I can't do that (remember the BB commercials where you're invited to come in and try stuff?). If the PCR guy offered that price on the HLN50xxx while I was there, I would've jumped. As it was, I wanted to wait to see the 55" model, but I got his card and would gladly give him the sale if he'll match the price.

Which PCR did you buy from?

·
Registered
27 Posts
If anybody knows of a place in Portland, OR that will sell

the 5065W for anything close to that $2800 price, please

let me know.

Thanks.

-Cheema

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Ouch, I paid the 3798 from BB for the HLN5065W and thought it was good, as it was 3999 the evening before. Oh well, it was delivered in two days. No PCR in Maryland that I know. Got the warranty 2999 for 4 years. HD and DVD great, SD not so great, but sometimes OK through the VCR tuner.

Now, if only comcast would show more HD, like ESPN for me and Discovery for my wife....

Rich N.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I switched my order to hln4365 because I couldn't wait til the end of the month for the 50 inch.

Any way I got the same great deal (TV - $2500).

If you get the TV alone, I don't think you could get this deal. You'll have to get the 5 yr warranty for $399.

I'm sure Best Buy will have to bring down the price soon or later.

raidbuck:

You could print out the price at PCR wedsite ($3299) and bring it to BB.

Tell them to match it or you will return the TV. One good thing about BB is that you could return the TV within 30 days.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Just got back from PCR. They were willing to match Jeanuwine's price on the HLN5065, but I wanted to go with the HLN567. The price they gave me was not much more than BB's HLN5065 price, plus $350 for the extended warranty (5 yr), which they made sound like it was a 'package' price, but that's OK. I took the plunge and left 10% down. They didn't have a date as to when they were coming in, but I should get one of the first ones.

Thanks, Jeanuwine!

Raidbuck - Definitely go back to BB and show them the PCR pricing. Here's the link to BB's pricing policy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/infoCenter/Po.../Payment.asp#5

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I just called PC richards in Yonkers, New York (Westerchester). They gave me the same price for a 43" model on the phone without any haggling. I called all the other stores also - no one is even willing to come close to the PCR price. I don't even need to visit the store - they will ship it this week. A little benefit of living in the NY area.

This will be my 3rd Samsung DLP. I got my first one in December at Tweeter - 61" for ~$5000. The second was a powerbuy from TV Authority (I bought it for a friend) - 50" for ~$3300. This one will be my easiest purchase and the most attractively priced one.

Now to place the order for the Bravo D1 player.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lmychajluk
Just got back from PCR. They were willing to match Jeanuwine's price on the HLN5065, but I wanted to go with the HLN567. The price they gave me was not much more than BB's HLN5065 price, plus $350 for the extended warranty (5 yr), which they made sound like it was a 'package' price, but that's OK. I took the plunge and left 10% down. They didn't have a date as to when they were coming in, but I should get one of the first ones.

Thanks, Jeanuwine!

Raidbuck - Definitely go back to BB and show them the PCR pricing. Here's the link to BB's pricing policy:
http://www.bestbuy.com/infoCenter/Po.../Payment.asp#5
My interest is in the HLN567 as well. So what price did PCR give you on that set if you don't mind saying?

Thanks, Andrew

·
Registered
916 Posts
I forget the exact breakdown (don't have the reciept with me), but I think the price on the TV itself was $3899, & the total was ~$4,550, which included $350 for the 5 yr warranty, $50 delivery charge, and all taxes..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do the 4065's and 5065's have the 3:2 pulldown or is that only in the tantus models.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
"This is an automated response."

All HLN television sets manufactured by Samsung of South Korea have, at this moment in time, exactly the same internal electronics.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone try getting Sears to match any of these prices?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.