AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am trying to "time" the sale of my present TV to the so called "arrival" of my HLN467w which I have not, as of yet, been able to order due to the current lack of product. I called Samsung and had a nice long chat with a very nice gal who initially told me..........get this, here's a "new" line: "in about 2 to 3 weeks". I pressed her further and she took a long time checking into a probable time frame for availability: she checked with "upper management" so here's their official line now.....................are you ready?: There was a truck strike in Korea (yes indeed there was) and the strike was recently settled so we (Samsung) are about 3 weeks plus behind in our scheduled deliveries. My translation: IMHO was that we'd need to wait another 2 plus weeks! I hope this helps. I wouldn't be surprised at all if "you" (reading this) were to call back tomorrow, you'd probably get yet another story. Sorry for the long dribble.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Crutchfield shows them in stock. 46"=$3800, 56"=$4500. Now listing the 43"=$3500(low stock). Free shipping, no sales tax in NY.

Not the best deal possible, but I ordered my 46" on Saturday 8/30, was in my living room Friday 9/5, and that was including the fact that it didn't ship until Tuesday 9/2 due to Labor Day. I'm in Western NY, they're in VA, so your delivery may vary. They say 5-7 business days.

Returns are probably the sticky wicket for most here since I'm pretty sure they don't pay for the return trip. But I've been ordering so much stuff for my HT upgrade that it's all a blur; I could be getting that mixed up with another component I bought... :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
ABT shows the 46" for $3580 white glove delivered, in stock, on their website. Chicagoland people can tell you about their fine reputation and that you might be able to get a better deal over the phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.