AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see where Samsung has released a 46" HLN467W, is this in replacement of the HLN437W?? I would find it strange to offer two TVs only 3" diagonal difference... Before jumping on either one I'd love to know is the 43" going to be phased out, is it the exact same as the newer 46" in improvements and updates?? The 43 would be a better fit for us but if it is not as good current as the 46" I'd love to know....

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The 46" is not a replacement for the 43". The 467 is only sold at "high end" retailers. Apart from the screen size, the sets are identical.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew67
The 46" is not a replacement for the 43". The 467 is only sold at "high end" retailers. Apart from the screen size, the sets are identical.
... and the bezel. Therefore the case has almost the same dimensions for both sets.

·
Registered
282 Posts
43" was nice and big. 50" was too big.

But 46" was not only bigger without being too big (for the distance away), but it was virtually the same size cabinet!!!!! (about 1/2" wider)

With the thin bezel and maximization of picture size to box size, I believe this set is bliss for those wanting to keep their set smallish (ie. find the width of the 50"+ sets too big).

It fits very nicely with my stuff even though I had to make changes to accommodate it and I find it to be a great size picture (a 4:3 image is just a tiny bit larger than a 36" diagonal 4:3, I believe). For WS, it is mind-blowing, coming from a 34" direct-view WS. 1/3 longer is virtually twice the viewing AREA. Just like 10" and 12" pizzas.

I really do think the 46" serves a sweet spot.

Ross

·
Registered
535 Posts
I believe 43/46 are the exact same width. The 43 = a little over 35" little under 36" 4:3. The 46 incher = 37 1/2" 4:3. Yes I do believe 46" does serve as a sweet spot for some of us for various reasons. For my situation there were four reasons why 46 incher was sweet spot. I am just thankful Samsung has offered such a wide range of sizes.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why can't I find any information on the HLNxx65W's on Samsung's website? The HLM's are the older models, correct?

I just find it odd that Samsung has no information available for the xx65's.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mpestrada74
Why can't I find any information on the HLNxx65W's on Samsung's website? The HLM's are the older models, correct?
Because you're looking at the wrong site. You should be looking at Samsung's USA site at www.samsungusa.com.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.