Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you lucky 467/437/4365 owners:

According the the Samsung USA website, the HLN467W is only one tenth of an inch wider than the 437/4365 (40.6" vs. 40.5"). I've read a number of casual references here saying the difference is one HALF inch. Can anyone verify the widths of the widest part of either/both of these sets for me?

I don't mean to pick nits, but my entertainment center has exactly 40.6" between the walls, and I'd really like to shoehorn a 467 in there if possible. Since there are no B&M stores in my area (Gainesville, FL) that carry the 467 that I am aware of, I may be stuck buying online with limited return options.

While I'm asking, is there any reason that cramming either of these sets in this opening is a BAD idea? I know I'll lose access to the side controls, but that's what the remote is for, right? I do have plenty of room in back for adequate ventilation.

Thanks!

VN

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in a very similar situation, but I have a total of 41 inches available. I currently own the 437, and am looking at upgrading to the 467. My retailer measured the 467 and told me over the phone that it was 40.5. Obviously not done with accuracy to get 40.6; but also not a half inch wider. I'd say you are VERY close. I'm going with it, 'cause I'll still have that .4 inch wiggle room...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for passing along your dealer's measurement, this at least tells me the website is close. I was supposed to have 41" too, but apparently this wasn't as important to the cabinet maker as it was to me. :(

I assume you haven't had any problems with the limited space with your 437 though since you're looking to get an even larger set? This is great news! Thanks again,

VN

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.