AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
i was confused, too. from what i understand, they all have the same internals, namely dnie & faroudja fli2300. the differences in the 50" versions are simply cosmetic. the reason for the different model #'s is marketing for different retailers. the 56" version is obviously a little bigger. i think those are the only differences.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kpoon
the 56" version is obviously a little bigger. i think those are the only differences.
The HLN567 "may" have improved firmware for discrete commands and/or improved OOTB picture quality.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The N467W and N567W also have new "ultra-thin" bezel (

·
Registered
121 Posts
Whats the release date on the 46" & 56" models?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Junish...

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kpoon
the differences in the 50" versions are simply cosmetic.
Are you saying there are cosmetic differences between the HLN507W and the HLN5065W? I saw the 5065 yesterday at Best Buy and it looked identical to the HLM507W in every way except that the 5065 had the DNI logo. It seems to me that from the outside the HLN507W and the HLN5065W are probably exactly the same.

·
Registered
107 Posts
... is anyone confused yet?

I had heard/read (probably on another thread or 2) that the HLN 437 and 507 would retain the dark colored bezel that first showed up on the HLM617W. Again, many like the idea of not being distracted by a silver bezel while watching their favorite movie in a darkened room, and would be willing to wait for the dark bezel (even if the innards are identical).

Sigh!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Its not a power button. That is on the side. I don't think there are any subwoofers in these sets anyway. Not that I would want one playing havoc with the color wheel anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by ConceptVBS
According to some updated pictures, the power button has been moved right under the "Samsung" logo. I'm still not sure what that hole in the side is. Is that a subwoofer?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the styles are as follows:

Silver original-style bezel with silver speaker grille:

HLM4365W, HLM437W, HLM5065W, HLM507W, HLN4365W, HLN5065W

Black original-style bezel with silver speaker grille:

HLM617W, HLN437W, HLN507W, HLN617W

Thin aluminum bezel with black speaker grille:

HLN467W, HLN567W

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status