AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the service menu under options, what does the Autopower (on/off) do? I did a search and found one post, but it's still not clear to me what it does. I'm tying to devise some method to determen what input is selected when the tv is first turned on. I am one of the unfortunates that bought before descrete codes were adopted, making remote programming... well difficult. I am trying to program a urc-6131m remote. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
106 Posts
John,

I can't provide the answer to your question but I will say that the Samsung line of HLM and HLN sets do not allow input changes or any other changes via the remote until the picture is displayed. This essentially makes the discrete on command useless. Most macros can't program in a thirty or more second delay before sending the input code. Even if they could you would have to keep the remote pointed at the set until it sent the code. My macros are made assuming the TV is on because of this problem. So if someone wants to watch a DVD the TV must be on for the input to change correctly when I press the 1S button(DVD macro programmed to this button) on my Radio Shack 15-1994 remote. Maybe some real smart person will figure out a way around this. Until then I'm just using my band-aid fix. All my return macros go back to the TV via antenna mode. Gives me an always known starting point. The autopower may be the timer that you can set to turn on the TV to a certain input at a set time. I don't see how this would be useful in your quest if that is what it truely does.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ddsmith
John,

I can't provide the answer to your question but I will say that the Samsung line of HLM and HLN sets do not allow input changes or any other changes via the remote until the picture is displayed.
Yes, I realize this.
Quote:
Originally posted by ddsmith

All my return macros go back to the TV via antenna mode. Gives me an always known starting point.[/b]
OK, after turning on the tv and waiting for the picture to appear, what remote command would I send to the tv to get it into antenna mode? On some tv's a channel +/- will put the tv in antenna mode, but all this gets you on the hln507W is "Not Available" flashed on the screen with no change in input setting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh btw, hln's will except remote command's before the tv is turned on... as in 'mute, 1, 8, 2, power on. When a screen appears it will display the service menu. If there are others, I don't of them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
John,

I stand corrected. Some buttons do something with the unit off. I could get into a pretty long discussion on setup for your remote but it's probably better to do via PM. Let me know if you want assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.