AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I splurge for the Monster DVI400 Cable to connect my brand new 61 inch and my brand new Samsung 931 DVD player.

Guess what? The cable has a flared rubber side to it and the plug on the TV is recessed. IT WON'T FIT!!!

Can anyone recommend a cable that can be purchased at a CC, Tweeter or Best Buy?

BB had one in the computer section (Belkin) but I guess I fell for the Monster Marketing pitch as I didn't buy it. Will that one work?

Thanks gang!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a new DVI-D male to male for my HLN 5065W for $17.00 on Ebay. There are lots of new ones there for that price.

Brian

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the same issue last night with the monster cable. It does fit, it's just a very tight fit. If you push a little bit you can get it in there. It was a little scary but it worked.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pacificcable was terrific. As noted by Sam 2003, very fast service and delivery. The cable fits without any problems.

Ben

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to a local Microcenter and picked up a dvi computer cable for $30. I feel soooo foolish for falling for the Monster Cable Marketing scam. The Monster cable is going back to Best Buy this weekend and I'm pocketing the $70 difference....

by the way, have i mentioned I love this TV?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you guys order a dual link or single link from pacificcable? I'm thinking of ordering a 2m or 3m DVI-D cable but was wondering if there were problems/incompatablities with either one. Your thoughts?

Also, is shipping rates reasonable with this company?

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
When it comes to DVI, Moster's claims are even more ridiculous than with their other cables. Unless defective, pretty much all DVI cables work the same at lengths under 5m or so.

If you want to buy local, buy whatever is cheap.

If you are willing to go online, you can likely get comething with express delivery for less than local. Pacifcable gets rave reviews. I got mine off eBay for $7 shipped. Works great.

As for the single/dual thing, single is all you need. However, since dual link is often only $1-2 more, you might want to get dual incase you need dual sometime in the future.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here's another vote for Pacificcable. Quick shipping, great quality, and good prices. No, they didn't gouge for shipping either...

I bought a dual link cable, but single link will work fine for you... Your application (present generation DVD player to present generation TV) doesn't require the bandwidth of a dual link cable...

Marc

Marc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.