Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just got this combination of components up and running. So far, everything is working great, but I do have one question. I have to set the Bravo to "720p" to get it working on my Sammy. Haven't been able to get 1080i to work. When I set the Bravo to 1080i, the Sammy screen is so distorted its unusable.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just a limitation? I thought that the Sammy could deal with a 1080i feed.

TIA,

-Tennis

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Samsung can handle 1080i as you thought. It could just be an issue with the Bravo. However, since the Samsung is native 720p, that is what you should send it. There is nothing to gain by sending it 1080i, that I can think of, other than some artifacts.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The HLN617W can handle 1080i, but by converting it to 720p. Therefore, you would not gain anything by using a 1080i signal input. When I go between 1080i or 720p via DVI from my HD931 DVD player to my Sammy 617, there is no discernible difference in PQ. The same should be the case with your Bravo. But, if you are getting a distorted picture from the 1080i output, someone else will have to tell you whether that is a "normal" performance result, because I am unfamiliar with the D1.

edit: doh, beaten to the post.

Stick with the 720p input if its working.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The HLN617W and Bravo D1 player are what I use myself at home. I also get the distortions when the D1 is set to 1080i. However, using my pro calibration pattern generator, 1080i via DVI works fine with the Samsung set.

So it appears the culprit is the D1. Although as others have noted, it's basically irrelevant, as you want to send 720p to the Samsung set, and that works fine with the D1.

Have you thought about getting your set calibrated? It really benefits from it.

·
Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
From what I've read the Bravo D1 does one trick very very well. Everything else seems to be up for grabs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.