AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a really great thread on color wheel replacement, however, the tv was slightly different from mine and apparently, according to this post... mine's much simpler. Just looking to see if anyone knows of a step by step replacement guide with pics on the hlp4663wx/xaa unit.
Quote:
OK, I had a chance to closely look at the directions on that link you posted. My TV set is slightly different and apparently even easier than that one. My TV has a slide out tray that totally disconnects and removes from the TV enclosure. This tray houses the color wheel, lamp assembly and projector. Two cables to disconnect and it slides right out all together.

I can then take that tray and bring it to a table where I can work on it easily. We'll see.

Is it really that easy? Not sure which cables he's referring to and would really like a few pics to guide me. Already spent $130 on a bulb thinking that was the reason. Now I gotta order a color wheel :)

Also, who might have the best deal on a color wheel?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did you do the repair? How did it go? My HLP6163 color wheel is bad and I'm tying to decide if I should do the replacement myself or ditch the TV. I think I can replace it, but if the TV needs technical adjustments and calibrations after the replacement that would likely be beyond me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts