AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say that i am fairly new to this forum but have already found it to be an invaluable resource! You guys do a fantastic job. So I am hoping that someone may be able to shed some light (no pun intended) on my current problem. A little history first...

I have a 46inch Sasumng HLP4663WX/XA DLP tv. 8 months ago I was getting a message on my screen to check a fan. thanks to this forum I was able to take the tv apart and find that the fan facing the lamp was dead. I was also able to replace it, once again thanks to this awesome forum. Problem solved. About a month ago i heard a loud banshee scream coming from the unit and it would randomly turn off. I could turn it back on and it would work for awhile but then turn off again with all the lights on the front flashing. eventually, I could turn t on and it would stay on. after checking here as to what the problem might be i discovered that it was most likely the color-wheel. Once again i took the unit apart and discovered that the color-wheel was indeed the cause of the noise and also was almost seized up so that it wasn't spinning freely. I ordered a new color-wheel to match my unit. read the documentation regarding the jumper issue. According to the instructions I do not have to remove the jumper to use the new CW. I installed it and the tv turned on fine with the exception of a reddish background on the screen as opposed to the factory default Samsung blue screen. No big deal for now. My REAL dilemma is that the TV turned itself off again after about 20-30 seconds with all the lights on the front flashing just as they did before. I can turn it back on but it does the same thing. The noise is gone but I am essentially in the same boat i was in before I replaced the color-wheel?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what i can try next? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Please help! If anyone can help me get this resolved, I know that it will be the extremely knowledgeable folks here.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope you still have that dlp tv. lol

I believe the color wheel sensor inside the cw housing may be burned due to heating problems. When you replace the color wheel try to replace with the a brand new housing as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.