AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know about you guys but I'm tired of having to sift thru 10,000,000 posts to try and find info on particular settings that everybody is using. I've been a LONG time reader and got my 6168 about 2 weeks ago (after doing all the research and reading on this forum... luv this site!). Please post your individual settings for your Sammy TV here and any comments that may help others with regards to settings. Contrast too high? Brightness to low? Is there a way to minimize rainbows FOR THOSE WHO SEE THEM? What about sharpness? Do you see a difference?

I have learned that this set does a really good job on separating settings for different inputs... i.e. "standard" on component 1 can be different than "standard" on component 2. With all of those options, I am curious to hear what people are using for their personal setup -- regardless whether DVE or AVIA was used or not. Please try and keep this one dedicated to settings and not all of the other banter that plagues these threads. Thanx!

By the way, I am still playing around with my settings and I've yet to get the AVIA disc out. I want to see how close I come to the "best" setup with my own eyes before I run the cal disc. I, unfortunately, see TONS of rainbows and I'm very curious to see if there's a "best setting" mode to minimze them. So far, movie mode is doing the best job but I know contrast and brightness still need to be tweaked.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.