AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the lucky ones who got an HLS with a defective screen and severe pincushion, been waiting for this replacement set since Feb.

The HLT has a lot more adjustment available in the user menu, such as gamma, and I didn't feel the need to enter the service menu to dial down the iris.

The new set has no pincushion but the image isn't quite level, which is a bit annoying. There seems to be less motion blur, and the color and PQ is really excellent, a bit better than the HLS maybe, definately much easier to get right than the HLS was.

The set seems to be a lot stiffer, I think they figured out the cabinet on the HLS was too wimpy and fixed it.

That's about it, other than what you can get from the spec sheets, I'm much happier now.

I don't suppose anybody has any idea on leveling the image on these sets? I'm surprised there's no thread on the HLT lamp sets yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
of a HLT5676S....Just traded a JVC HD56N97 for it (SSE was evident)....after a bit of dificulty getting it to read the HDMI 1 from my DirectTV STB its now working.....sound doesnt seem as good as the JVC, but have not adjusted much....

if anyone would like to share their settings I would appreciate it...

·
Registered
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2QB3 /forum/post/0

I don't suppose anybody has any idea on leveling the image on these sets? I'm surprised there's no thread on the HLT lamp sets yet.

If your talking about the TILT, mine is off just a bit too, bottom left is slightly (1/8") higher than the right, would like it fixed also...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, that's exactly how mine is. It's only an issue on tickers and stuff.

Geometry on these sets is usually not very user-adjustable and after watching a set with 3/4" of pincushion for four months I'm OK with it, but it'd sure be nice if there was an easy fix.

Settings I like,

Movie

Contrast 50

Brightness 45

Color 45

Tint 50

Sharpness 0

Color normal

Gamma 0

Everything off

That gives me a very natural look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts