AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
First, I wish I never found this website or read Mario's build because now I have the HT DIY DISEASE!!!
Symptoms: obsessive compulsive thoughts of Bass below 20hz, Acoustic transparent screens, REW software oh my! Help i need a doctor! I've been staring at two potential rooms in my basement, both Identical in size and shape and both would be ideal candidate's for a home theater. My wife feels i'm catatonic but I;m stuck at the crossroads of the first major decision.

the first space is under my kitchen, and the ceiling has many utilities (water, gas, electric, hvac ect). We plan on redoing the kitchen at some point so I would be forced to do a drop ceiling non-negotiable.

the second space is under my bedroom and the ceiling has nothing in it except for a fire system spicket. I would love to do the whole sound proofing thing, but again, it's under my bedroom where the princess and the pea sleeps!

She has no interest in my sci-fi films and tends to go to sleep on the early side. I'm afraid that soundproofing the room with wisper clips, green glue, OSB and Drywall won't keep my HSU VTF-15mk2 from waking my lady love. Thoughts???
Thanks,
MAXTATE

·
Registered
483 Posts
After you do all the usual sound proofing in the theater under the bedroom, if you put there, THEN, add a nice big THICK heavy, w2w carpet IN the bedroom, and try to get her to go to sleep with a white noise machine, or 1 of those ocean waves, or rain storm machines.

Then again, headphones in the theater is way easier :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts