AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading so much on these boards about the Sony 910's I had to take a look at them just now (on the internet, not in person). And I came to realize the the 34" Toshiba I'm planning on ordering, the 34HF83, is the same price as the 30" Sony 910 (roughly). This TV is just for a small bedroom, but the extra 4" would be nice. But what I'm wondering, is the image quality on the Sony good enough to justify losing 4" that I would get from the Toshiba? What are your opinions on this? The viewing distance from my couch is about 9', so not to far, but 34" sounds much nicer than 30". What would you do? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
How about the Sony 34HS510? Does the Toshiba have some extra feature

that you are interested in, the 510 should be comparable in PQ and price.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
About how much is the Tos (which might be a great set) 34

over the Sony? What will be your main viewing content HD, DVD's?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Doing a search with Nextag the Toshiba's MSRP at $1999 the same as the

sony 510. I see the Tos discounted a little more over the Sony but there

are a few places you can pick up the 510 for less. If the Tos has a better

pq thats different then I can see why you would look at the 910

·
Registered
705 Posts
I purchased the Toshiba 34hf83 at Sears and will take delivery on 10/4. I plan to use the Samsung T 160 DirecTv STB. If I can figure out anything relevant to say I'll post next week. The set was on sale for about $200 off MSRP plus Sears had a 10% off everything sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.