AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This link http://www.hmscables.com was brought to my attention by an Audio Asylum fellow.

I had never heard anything on this HMS (German) brand befores. The obvious questions follow:

1) Are these HMS cables a German version of the MITs and Transparent network cables or are the former boxes something different?

2) Anyone out there with actual experience on these cables?

I look forward to reading news on this topic!

Thanks a lot!

J.V.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Hey, Glockster, Thanks a LOT for your Warning!!!

Yes, your links seem to be related to the very HMS cables I was asking for. I believe that extreme caution must be exercised here.

Thanks again.

J.V.

·
Registered
276 Posts
J.V.,

"Tekunda" is a hot topic at several spots on the web. Perhaps he is new to the business end of what he's doing (selling cables), or maybe a bit overly enthusiastic about his products, or maybe he's a goofball--not knowing him personally, I can't be sure.

His cables have gotten some interesting feedback though. And I have seen a solid number of folks indicating they've happily done business with him (and notice his feedback on Audiogon is currently 46 to 1).

So while I'd go into the situation with eyes open, I'd be inclined to give it a try myself (and just may when I have the cash on hand).

·
Registered
21,720 Posts
A caution is in order. Some audiophiles love networked cables. Some audiophiles do not like networked cables, theory being that the network can only change and degrade the audio signal coming through, that its better to have a cable which passes through the original signal as much as possible. I once used networked Transparent cabling with my system -

and I have been much, much happier using non-networked cabling since, much better highs, much better resolution at lower volume levels. I have a few friends who have made similar switches away from networked cables.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
There is a bit of negative "history" as to the US importer of the HMS cables, not the cables themselves. I have only read positive reviews at AudioAsylum of the HMS cables, as they were compared to other top-class cables.

There has been a lot of mud-slinging over at AudioASylum about the importer, and many of the posts have been deleted. Better to let's just "start fresh" -> the cables will stand for themselves and the importer offers a trial period.

- Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.