AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting to pay for a lifetime subscription, but want to make sure D&H will honor it. I have been paying monthly.

Does anyone know when the effective date of the sale is?

My thinking is that I should pay for a lifetime after the effective date. That way D&H is held to that obligation. For pre-bankruptcy obligations, D&H may have the ability to rewrite or renounce those deals altogether.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well, what's the expense in waiting another month before deciding? $10? I mean, monthly now, and you can always change your mind later (if there is indeed a later).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the quandry. My next $10 is due on the 25th. Deciding before then would save me the $10.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Personally, I'd pay the $10 insurance to give things time to settle.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
Personally, I'd pay the $10 insurance to give things time to settle.
Personally, I'd save the $10 and go lifetime if you're otherwise expecting to go lifetime in due course. Of course, that's just little old reckless me -- I would have given you the same advice a week ago while the chicken littles were carping about their doorstops, so you know where I'm coming from. But I didn't think then (and I certainly don't think now) that the replay service is going to disappear or that they are going to screwi current users.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
to make up for my chicken-little behavior that's already costing me about $27 (refusing delivery of 5040 from amazon) i'm going lifetime whenever i get my new 5040 unpacked & set up

edit - for anyone who's curious the $27 figure is the difference in what i paid for a 5040 from circuit city vs. the one from amazon

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
I'm waiting in hope that D&M with drop Lifetime to $199.99. :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the thoughts on what others recommend doing, but my personal opinion is to go lifetime when the sale to D&H is complete.

Anyone know if D&H is the owner as of 4/15 or if they just bid to buy at some later date?

·
Registered
181 Posts
A slight twist:

Would you buy a 3080 for $250? I already have a showstopper and I'm tempted in buying this one, but if they cancel dialup service, I'm SOL.

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
And if Iraq wins the war we're doubly SOL...

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BaysideBas
And if Iraq wins the war we're doubly SOL...
Do you know for a fact that Iraq will shutdown the ReplayTV service? I won't believe that unless I hear it from the Iraqi Minister of Information.

Chris

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Don't you know? he's reportedly comitted suicide....

Personally I'm sad to see him go. Remember waking up in the middle of the night to one of his press conferences and wondering what an SNL skit was doing on MSNBC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.