AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched this movie last night with snuggled up next to my 9-year-old daughter. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The story is quite compelling. I had not read the book prior to viewing. Shia LaBeouf, whom I love on the show "Even Stevens," was very good in his role. Very understated. I think that kid has a long career ahead of him in Hollywood. His is a very natural talent.

I can't comment on the transfer or EE, etc. I just enjoyed the movie with my little girl.

TCB

P.S. She, on the other hand, did comment several times about rainbows, overscanning, and the chroma bug. :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hey, my 11 year old and her friend are watching it on my home theater for the third time now. I was in on the second viewing and really enjoyed it. Man, Jon Voight looks menacing when you first see him and Ms. Weaver still seems like she could stand toe to toe with Alien. But, best of all, are the young actors and the way the story interweaves all the plot elements adeptly together.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it is a great story. Movies that start from great literature definitely have a head start. Of course, Hollywood often screws up in spite of the material.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Normally this is the kind of movie that I would pass up, but my wife rented it for the kids. I was pleasantly surprised! It really is quite a good story and movie.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I think it's a good childrens film but I didn't enjoy it too much myself. It's certainly better than many of the genre. It's not something I would recommend to adults, unless you are renting it for your children.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My family watched it last night and we all loved it, but I don't know if I would suggest it to someone without kids.

The picture quality is excellent too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.