Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay are you ready for this? Guess what I just got out of the classified ad

1 pair NHT 2.5i

1 pair NHT VT-2B

1 NHT Center

Yamaha RX-V995 Receiver

All of this for $450!!!! (I even have the original invoice for the stuff! he paid $3500 for all of in in 1999)

I'm on cloud nine right now:cool:

I could sell the VT-2bs on ebay and make a couple of hundret dollars profit alone!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course! I am thinking of keeping them!!! I listened to them and fell love them! It is just that I would have some issues integrating them into my system.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Must have been an extremely nice/stupid/desperate seller.. Most people on the web at least try to get 50-80% of the original price (personally, I would never buy anything priced higher than 50% of original price..)

Congrats on a great deal!

-Tom

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dilemma: I am a poor college student currently using a old pair of Polk RTA11ts. I just saw the VT-2s go on ebay for alittle under $900. Humm, this is a really hard decision....They sounds SO good, but the money also would look really good in my bank account.

·
Registered
346 Posts
LOL! This is not the first time I've seen Holly S*%$! in a thread title. She sure does get around.;)

Congrats on the steal of a deal. I too had a pair of Polk RTA11t's while in college. I can't tell you how happy I was when I finally got rid of them. I guy came into the store I worked at and wanted to get rid of his Maggies because his wife wanted those cute little B**e speakers. I bought the Maggies and sold the Polks. Sure, you could turn a profit selling the NHT's on eBay and it's always nice to have money as a student, but I say dump the Polk's and keep the NHT's.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well time for an update:

I found a local man who was willing to trade a Sony 1271 CRT projector with 650 hours for the 2.5is!!!!

I listened a long time to the VT-2s and did love them, however right now my room sucks and is not worthy of having a pair of speakers this nice in it. I have put them along with the center up on ebay.

I am thinking of taking on the challenge of a DIY pair of speakers with the money I make from the sale. I want to build something that is like the VT-2s but with a sub that can handle LFE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.