AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The closest BlockBuster to me is 15 miles away. But a new HollyWood video just opened up less then a mile from me. So I called them today to see if they rented HD-DVD's and the guy said "no, but real soon" So I asked him "How soon?" He states "2-3 weeks." He sounded pretty confident in himself so I think this is the real deal. I don't know how big of a chain they are nation wide. But good news for anyone within their area!

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I haven't checked back in there lately, but a few months ago I asked the HV sales clerk about HD DVDS... he said "ummm no" I asked when did he think they would, and a girl that also works there piped up with " Probably 2-3 years.... there's no call for them".... I gave up...

·
Registered
855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capek /forum/post/0

The one near me has had HD-DVD's available to rent since launch.

Same here, I am in the Houston area also. At present they have 21 HD-DVD and 35 Blueray titles at my local store. I asked the manager today which he rented more of and he said he has not checked but that he is going to. I am going back soon and ask what he determined.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz /forum/post/0

I haven't checked back in there lately, but a few months ago I asked the HV sales clerk about HD DVDS... he said "ummm no" I asked when did he think they would, and a girl that also works there piped up with " Probably 2-3 years.... there's no call for them".... I gave up...

Almost like going to best buy or circuit city.....lol

·
Registered
464 Posts
My Hollywood Video (Arlington, MA) rents HD-DVDs...but, it's only 10-15 titles. I haven't been there in about 1.5 months so they may be carrying a few more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.