AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
not sure but i hate ben affleck so i will pass on this one. The only time i liked him was in dazed in confused- he is the only actor that can single handedly ruin a movie (daredevil, pearl harbor, raindeer games ect to name a few)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Hollywoodland was a terrific film about what may have lead to the death/suicide of actor George Reeves (Superman). It is done in the old film noir style of classic Hollywood detective films. Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins, Adrien Brody and yes, even Ben Affleck (as George Reeves) give terrific performances. Well worth a blind buy in my opinion. I saw it in the theater and I have it pre-ordered from Amazon. Go to rottentomatoes.com and read some reviews.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH /forum/post/0

Hollywoodland was a terrific film about what may have lead to the death/suicide of actor George Reeves (Superman). It is done in the old film noir style of classic Hollywood detective films. Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins, Adrien Brody and yes, even Ben Affleck (as George Reeves) give terrific performances. Well worth a blind buy in my opinion. I saw it in the theater and I have it pre-ordered from Amazon. Go to rottentomatoes.com and read some reviews.

Ditto to what Aaron said above...I too usually despise anything Ben Affleck is in but in this movie he and the entire cast were excellent throughout...this is a definite buy title for me...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have to say, I'm not a big Ben Affleck fan, so I was hesitant, but he really did shine in this.

His portrayal of George Reeves was very impressive, over the course of the movie he really does embody Reeves' essence.

If the subject matter interests you, I think it's a good purchase, if the subject mater is not of interest, I don't think you'll enjoy it.

Diane

·
Registered
808 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedder /forum/post/0

not sure but i hate ben affleck so i will pass on this one. The only time i liked him was in dazed in confused- he is the only actor that can single handedly ruin a movie (daredevil, pearl harbor, raindeer games ect to name a few)

Those were all supposed to be not very good movies, so it wasn't just Ben Affleck. Hollywoodland was supposed to be very good and Ben Affleck got good reviews. I have not seen the movie, but will probably go ahead and order it anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.