AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used my HOLO3dgraph to capture a laserdisc or two in the past. I know it's not a supported feature, but it does such a really clean job at it.

I tried it last night and noticed for the second time that I'm now getting de-interlaced PROGRESSIVE captures, i.e after Faroudja processing. PAL at 50fps and NTSC at 60fps (twice what the raw pulldown removed film frames would be at).

I've done it in the past as I've worked on a 25fps holo3d capture for sure. I have since re-built my HTPC with a clean build.

I tried ununstalling the latest driver and re-installing the bundled 1.6K driver release off the CD-ROM, 2.0pre4, 2.0 RC2 and 2.0RC3 associated drivers. All are still getting me twice the frame rate I really want.

It does look nice though, probably the Faroudja doing it's chroma fix thing too, but

I'd rather do de-interlacing in AVIsynth, not real-time, plus it's taking double the hard disk space per laserdisc, so my Tom&Jerry 10-disc boxed set is going to be a pain, aven on a 200GB hard disc.

Could it be something to do with running Dscaler and setting the Faroudja de-interlacing off there as a one-off?

Any help appreciated.

Rob.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved by restoring a clean WinXP build and installing just the 1.6(K?) holo3d driver off the holo3d CD-ROM.

I then installed DScaler 4.7. Couldn't get a picture, tried disabling the Faroudja and Film-detect options and got nothing.

I rebooted and then run amCAP.exe, set PAL_I, S-video and YUY2 720x756 and I got a great capture with 0 frames dropped over the entire disc one and two all to HUFFYUV best quality lossless compression on with a 2GHz P4 and 200GB WD JB hard disk (very, very fast).

Summary:

Looks like the older drivers didn't use the Faroudja de-interlacer and output 29.97fps/25fps whereas the new ones output 59.94fps/50fps progressive.

For some reason uninstalling the drivers, rebooting and choosing old drivers didn't get me back where a clean win install did. Luckily I had a ghost of WinXP and not much else.

regards,

Rob.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.