Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I currently have the sdi silk, but am thinking about the holo3d.

I will only bee using the SDI input. Would it be a waste of money, or does the holo3d also process the sdi signal better than the sdi silk?

Thanks in advance!

Kempf.

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,956 Posts
The Holo3D can do a better job on some video sources.

For film, In think the results with DScaler are excellent.

Since I have a Pioneer 503CMX screen, I will be getting the new Key Digital board so that I do not have to have the PC running for SDI connections.

Good Luck,

Rich

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!

The other inputs I will not use, only the sdi input, there is no doubt that component and s-vhs is better on the holo3d, but after i have gotten used to the sdi I can not use anything else. So thats why I ask if there is any difference between these 2 cards sdi inputs.

Thanks in advance!

Kempf.

·
Registered
850 Posts
kempf:

I think what RichB is trying to say is that for DVDs that is video-sourced based (non 24fps material), even with the SDI input, since the H3D uses Faroudja DCDi deinterlacing, the resulting picture will be better (just because of the deinterlacing).

I've never seen the Silk, so can't comment on the difference between the two.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I did have both, I kept the Silk card and sold the H3D, if we are talking SDI there is very little in it. Video performance with DScaler is already very good and is getting better all the time. DScaler had/has a couple of compatibility issues with the H3D, so the Silk wins from that point of view. The H3D software can't do 48 or 72 Hz so no good for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.