AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets put cost aside for a moment. Which will give a better image on a CRT projector? A. Use a good capture card with the dscaler software. B. Or simply using the HOLO3DGRAPH card?

The drawback to A, is the lack of component input, however will this make much of a difference? Will the A option be just as good? If not, how inferior a solution is it?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Cost aside the Holo3dGraph card is the best SD capture card you can pick up right now, and it can be used with DScaler if you dont like the H3D software. (albeit some software features are missing both ways)

Keep in mind that with the H3D you will need an external tuner of some sort.

-pd

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think it's a $700 improvement to the alternative?

What do you mean by "external tuner"?

·
Registered
850 Posts
The H3D doesn't have a TV tuner - so you need a cable box or such.

As far as the price difference, you said yourself to 'put cost aside for a moment'.

I have the H3D, but I never had any of the newer capture cards (my previous one was the Pinnacle PCTV, which uses the BT878 chip) - so I don't have a reference. However, I really REALLY like the image coming from the H3D - I don't know if it can be improved, just because I've never seen better.

For all practical purposes, however, if you don't think you'll ever see an H3D in action, then you won't feel you're missing anything, right? :). In hindsight - I'd drool over those that have the H3D, but I think I'd be alright with a FlyVideo type card. It's similar to knowing that there are better speakers/PJ/etc. out there, but because those are too expensive, you live with what you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.