AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, just got done watching HTTYD ( how to train your dragon ). Boy does the end freakin rock !!!!!!

No doubt this movie at 0db MV, as I did, could really do some damage...

I just found my new demo movie. It was the BR version, DolbyHD

PS. I think my mains were at the end of their road though

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
pshhhh.... you and your weak and measly 15's! Imagine on a REAL MAN's 18' setup.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts

I'll have to check it out when I get a chance to breathe around here. Seems like I get no time whatsoever these days!

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
15Hz on down? If so would ya mind posting it on mt 5Hz-15Hz thread?

·
Registered
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite /forum/post/19599608

15Hz on down? If so would ya mind posting it on mt 5Hz-15Hz thread?

Yes sir, right away !

·
Registered
6,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran /forum/post/19599620

I was checking out your web site. What's with the glare coming off that shiny little thing above your center channel speaker

Is that your....TV

now now....that's before the flood!

i got everything prewired since the remodelling, and there should be a nice JVC RS15 with a Dalite screen somewhere under santa's bag

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Under Santa's bag? Is that the same as under his sack? Just kidding. That room will be sweet with a FP setup.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran
What is that in ceiling for ?
two rear in-ceiling surrounds (for 7.1 instead of 5.1), and the power box and HDMI connection for the projector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio
Sherv, the room is looking great. How far off are you from completion?
it's done...we moved back in, but still trying to arrange things.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I watched this movie with my almost 4 year old son the other night. It was SOOOO painful to do because he was a bit frightened by it and I couldn't push beyond -25ish. Which pretty much neuters the ability to hear/feel and good bass response, especially with my own "weak and measly 15's"...

Will have to give it a run when he's not home...

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
When the big dragon hits the ground:

That's the digital take off and the subs mic'd at the LP with the FR matched to and laid over the graph.

This is the most brutal scene I've come across in any movie.

Ssab,

Looking good, my friend. Hope you're fired up and running soon. Let us know.

Bosso

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gperkins1973 /forum/post/19607232

Its ok I guess. Could do with a bit more bass though.

I had to run the LFE 10dB hot in this one to get the levels I wanted... both DVD and Blu-Ray versions. Once I did that, I was in bass lover's heaven

I'm not connected via HDMI yet though, so I was only getting Dolby Digital from the optical output on the Samsung.

Those waterfalls make me glad I have the tapped horn highpassed. The new guy might be able to take that kind of punishment, but not the one I have right now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.