AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Fry's they had the 82" cineplex tv on display and it was really, REALLY nice. PQ was par with LCD and plasma you wouldn't know it was DLP if you didn't look at the tag. The tv is 3-d capable and they had a kiosk with like 5 pair of 3-d glasses to view the demo. I reckon this will be the standard set up at bb and other brick n mortar stores.

And from 10-11ft was not at all overwhelming at all, just right. Now this is what you can say honestly home theater experience. And I was able to lift one side up with my left hand, light as 50" plasma and not heat at all.

So I think anyone on the fench waiting for the sony or samsung 65" should really consider getting this 82" 3-d set for $XXXX which is still less than 65B650.

Mits has got it right this time, for the 1st time. There's also a 73" but why not go all the way 82" do it right the 1st time there will be no regrets I guarantee it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is very impressive. I got 3 of them for my stores almost a month ago with the full 3D demo. The Ice Age 3 3D demo looks amazing.

It makes both of my 73" TVs look very small next to it = /

I've been told by Mitsubishi that Best Buy will not carry the WD-82837. I don't know if that will hold true though. Best Buy historically has done very very poorly with Mitsubishi. They have a very strict MAP policy so Best Buy isn't able to just hammer the pricing into the ground thanks to their volume. I don't think other stores will pick up the 3D demo. I was also told less than 150 stores would be provided with them this year in the United States.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i find Rainbow effect very distracting.

i have a Mits DLP which is nearly a year old and hoping to find something 65 inches or above that does not demonstrate RE for those inclined to see such things. According to Mits only 5% of the population is bothered by it.

But according to Mits, rainbow effect will not be any problem with the new LaserViews.

Finally to the point. Is there someone looking at these sets, who is bothered by RE on "normal" DLPs, that can tell me if RE is a problem with the laserview?

Thanks.

·
Registered
613 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsun947 /forum/post/16951763

It is very impressive. I got 3 of them for my stores almost a month ago with the full 3D demo. The Ice Age 3 3D demo looks amazing.

It makes both of my 73" TVs look very small next to it = /

I've been told by Mitsubishi that Best Buy will not carry the WD-82837. I don't know if that will hold true though. Best Buy historically has done very very poorly with Mitsubishi. They have a very strict MAP policy so Best Buy isn't able to just hammer the pricing into the ground thanks to their volume. I don't think other stores will pick up the 3D demo. I was also told less than 150 stores would be provided with them this year in the United States.

Besides the price whats the difference between WD-82837 & WD-82737? I looked on Mit. site couldn't see difference but they only listed about 7 or 8 items when you compared them.

mark

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam engine /forum/post/16954047

i find Rainbow effect very distracting.

i have a Mits DLP which is nearly a year old and hoping to find something 65 inches or above that does not demonstrate RE for those inclined to see such things. According to Mits only 5% of the population is bothered by it.

But according to Mits, rainbow effect will not be any problem with the new LaserViews.

Finally to the point. Is there someone looking at these sets, who is bothered by RE on "normal" DLPs, that can tell me if RE is a problem with the laserview?

Thanks.

Its been reported, from what I read on the Laservue thread, that RE does affect the Laservue model. Search that thread.

·
Registered
818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-TV /forum/post/16954841

Its been reported, from what I read on the Laservue thread, that RE does affect the Laservue model. Search that thread.

You are correct. I saw it myself. To tell you the truth, it could be more of a light breakup situation, not just "the colors aren't cycling fast enough becasue there is no color wheel". I have actually witnessed a "rainbow TYPE effect" at a DLP cineplex. I realize that those are 3 chip machines and theoretically shouldn't have any RBE, but if I darted my eyes back and forth, I could see red green and blue vertical lines of "digital noise" on the screen...reminded me of RBE

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaseuser /forum/post/16955080

You are correct. I saw it myself. To tell you the truth, it could be more of a light breakup situation, not just "the colors aren't cycling fast enough becasue there is no color wheel". I have actually witnessed a "rainbow TYPE effect" at a DLP cineplex. I realize that those are 3 chip machines and theoretically shouldn't have any RBE, but if I darted my eyes back and forth, I could see red green and blue vertical lines of "digital noise" on the screen...reminded me of RBE

Hi cbaseuser. That's interesting what you said about Cinema/Cineplex DLP projectors. I just had the assumption that 3 chip DLP projectors got rid of RE.

I'll have try to the the dart the eyes across the screen effect next time I'm at a DLP Cinema (DLP-C).

My first DLP movie was Ratatouille. I don't know if was it the older/lower resolution DLP Cinema projectors (I'm not talking about for 4k obviously), or if it was the newer/higher resolution DLP-C projector. I saw the movie when it first came at the Edwards Theater: Renaissance 14 in Alhambra, CA.

1. Anyone know what DLP projector they were using back then?

I visited my first Krikorian Theaters recently, and right before the movie started the lights went dim and heard thunder, and than the DLP trailer came on. It was so cool! Because I've never seen it in the theater besides the internet.

I'm going to check out by tomorrow (just for curiousity), the 82" DLP at my local Fry's (thanks for the heads-up 'zoey'). When I called them, they said they have the 3D glasses on display, but the 3D set-up is not working yet. What good is that '.'

·
Registered
538 Posts
Did I click the wrong button?

This is still the 'LCD' forum, right?

·
Registered
215 Posts
LCD display Forum here only, There is a section for RP/DLP's

Youre gonna get people that have no idea about HDTV displays and think there is a 82" LCD Mitsu out there when there is not. Not to mention how there are already alot of threads and more to come for LCD's, Plasmas, RP/DLP which should respectively stay in the appropriate forums IMHO..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm waiting for a Mod to move this over to the RPTV forum. This isn't first time zoey67 posted about (DLP?) in the LCD forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.