AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a great many of you seeking, and asking for, acoustics information in this thread...best sub-woofer placement, reference levels, speaker placement, types of speaker, how to tune the room, etc., etc.

The acoustics of small rooms, while following the same laws of physics as found in large rooms, create unique situations and solutions. The key to all of it is having a solid foundation in small room acoustics.

The Home Acoustics Alliance ( www.homeacoustics.net ) provides two-day classes on this topic (advanced courses coming soon). I'll grant you, two days creates rather a fire hose approach; but, at the end, you'll have some very solid knowledge about 'what is going on' and some very practical approaches to improve or 'fix' what's going on.

The classes are designed for those wishing to obtain HAA certification (the audio equivalent of ISF). These courses have been taught for the last couple of years and are now scheduled side by side with ISF training. None-the-less, enthusiasts are welcome to attend the training. You can check class schedules at www.homeacoustics.net For what its worth, the Master Handbook of Acoustics is one of the handouts. :)

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Dennis,

You might want to edit your 2nd URL, which has an extra . at the end http://www.homeacoustics.net works.

Now, if I can just find one near me :D

Regards,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.