AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.apxalarm.com/apxsystems/systems

45 Bucks per Month + 3 year Contract

No Phone Line needed(saves me 10-15 bucks a month since I do not have one)

Works with GSM.

Touch Screen pad

Free Install

Free equipment to cover all entry points/windows on my first floor.

iphone/android app to arm/disarm the alarm and to check status..

Built-in Z-wave RF Protocol - Can be used for Home Automation(lights, AC, etc...)

Do any you have experience with APX alarms?

Has have you guys used Z-Wave protocol to do any home automation?

and if so what have you automated? (lights, entry ways, AC, etc..)

Thanks in Advance.

FYI:

I live in Miami, a city with semi high crime rates.

·
Banned
18,829 Posts
I don't have any experience with them or ever heard of them for that matter. In general though, it makes no sense to me to rent such equipment from a service company. What are you going to do if you are unhappy with their service? Rip out all the product and give it back to them and install something else? How hard do they make it for you to get out of the contract?

·
Registered
104 Posts
APX is using 2Gig products that are available from worthington, the hardware that they provide you with is around $350.00 give or take a couple dollars. Based on that you can decide for yourself if you think it is a "deal".

My best friend signed up for there GO Control package and has there zwave thermostat, i have accessed this system from internet explorer as well as through there iphone app. The system does allow thermostat setback by schedules as well as alarm away status but other then getting notifications through messaging the system leaves alot to be desired.

Taking $30/month for 3 years your paying over 1000.00 for hardware and install. Other than wall wart there is NO cabling to install everything is wireless. That still leaves $15/month for monitoring.

I run HAI at home and would only recommend APX Go Control for elderly and/or minimum code, there are plenty of zwave devices available but there is no available option for programming for end user.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, these are 2gig panels.

If you use thermostats with them, I would recommend the CA8900 tstat. It will give you better range than the 2gig one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.