AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just upgraded my home server from Windows Home Server v1 to Server 2012 Essentials and was thinking about what to do about my X10 control and other home automation.

My needs today:

1. On my WHS I was running X-10 ActiveHome (yes, ancient) to drive a CM11a interface for X10 light timers. Outside lights, lamps, etc. for dusk/dawn on/off.

2. I just added a AD2USB interface and would like to control some things based on when I arm/disarm my Ademco security system. One thing I want to hack together is tweaking the temperature on my Nest based on the alarm. Yes, the Nest has a motion sensor for Auto-Away but that doesn’t work for me as the thermostat location isn’t in a common traffic area. So the thought was, when the Ademco is armed, immediately reduce the temperature. I’ve got code working to do what I need with the Nest based on a command-line, the question is primarily how I hook this up to watch for the alarm events.

3. I’d like to add a sensor for my garage door as well so that, for example, at night there is additional lighting from my detached garage to the house when the garage is opened.

4. I want to do logging and email notification of alarm events (arm/disarm)

I was looking at HomeSeer and would like to get the group’s opinion. Is there a different software option I should look at?

Thanks,

Boris.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Homeseer is fantastic, you may have trouble with. Cm11a though, the drivers are difficult to find and install. Have you considered picking up a Cm15a? It's usb and my Homeseer works seamlessly with it. Not so for the Cm11a.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts