AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I was wondering if anyone has used this, and what they think of it:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3224

Looks pretty awesome. Has anyone done any home automation with xlobby and non-x10 or similar devices, ie, with pin outs from parallel port and relays and such?

I work in a power plant and can get relays and cable/conduit at wholesale or below, so I would rather go this way than with x10, which I hear is not entirely reliable. This device looks like an in/out and a cheap way of using a PC as a PLC, coupled with the nice graphical interface of xlobby.

Just wondering if others have seen/heard of it, and their opinions.

Also, I'm sure I could design something given enough time, but has anyone taken a digital output and used it to dim lights, not just on or off? Are there switches available that will take a digital signal (0 or 1) and adjust to a preset level? If similar x10 devices are available, can they be configured to work on dedicated twisted pair, or are you stuck with using home power circuitry?

Thanks,

Tony

Same post in HTPC, however, since it involves home automation and integration, I am including it here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.