AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to have whole house audio (not sure on video), and control lighting, hvac, and security I also plan to have 3 camera monitors. I have read read many of the posts and have a few questions. If I use HAI for lighting, hvac and security and use Rusound for the audio distribution then is crestron able to combine these 2 for total contol or should I keep them seperate and save money? What do I give up specifically (please dont just tell me flexibility) by not doing all of this through using the more expensive Crestron solution and how much cost difference are we talking. Is the crestron option double or triple the cost. (home is 6,000 ft, 4 zone 4 source audio)

·
Registered
716 Posts
I had similar questions as I too am trying to keep within a reasonable budget. I am doing video distribution as well though.

I think (and this is just based on my recent experience, I'm not an installer, experienced user, or dealer, I'm an EE) that if you're planning on keeping the system simple (it sounds like you are) then the HAI and Russound should be enough.

I've heard the HAI doesn't have much flexibility when it comes to programming their touchscreens, and I've also heard that Russound will be coming out with some new products at Cedia, so keep that in mind. I doubt I'd go Crestron if you're trying to keep to a minimal budget with just those two systems. If you plan on adding video or more sophisticated lighting then go with Crestron for control.

I can't specifically address the cost of the Crestron except to say that I'm using it and it's going to add significant cost, but I'm buying their touchscreens and the controller.

I'm sure some of the more experienced people here could confirm/deny if what I'm saying is true, but as a new poster who received a lot of help, I thought I'd pay it forward!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Control4

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been reading some really great thing about control4 and though there is still some things that need tweaking it looks like they have put it all together with reasonable cost and lot to offer and ultimate flexibility.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Check out the Aurora Multi Media products.

Intended more as industrial but very effective in the home.

AND reasonable cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.