AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning chaps.

I have been reading this forum and am pretty scared by some of the knowledge you guys have. I have some questions that I am sure you will be able to answer no sweat. !

I am building a house that I want to accomodate an audio/video system. I will try and describe it the best I can.

What I want to do idealy is have a central server machine running to a switch and then to the 4 rooms I wish to be able to run video/audio to. I want to run the audio to speakers in those rooms and also want to run video to the TVs in that room. I will be running ethernet cables to every room also.

Idealy I want to control the system from 2 wireless handheld devices that can be used in the house by connecting a browser to the webserver on the server machine. I have seen this done in a friends house where they connect to a web server and choose audio to play in 1 room.

My question is, what would be the easiest way to do this ? I understand I may need to buy some kind of ethernet video reciever to place under every TV, which is fine. am wondering is there a way of doing this ?

Any help would be great. I am a network engineer and can set up the network fine but am not familiar with the software or additional hardware needed to complete this job.

Many thanks.

Hope you can help

Mark

(if this is in the wrong section please let me know)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Yep. Wrong section of the forum.

You want the Home AV Distribution & Networking forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts